It's a wide wide world out there; and all we've seen, barely registers.
Most Singaporeans (Not All) are happy to shut themselves away from most of the world's wonders. They are content to see visit the places their friends have been, travel to places they "Think" are safe, or simply; shop their way into credit card debt for the latest Chanel bag in Paris so they can impress the commuters on the MRT after their holidays.
The world is huge, but they don't see it. (Photo Gallery)
Comfort (must stay in hotels or Air B&B) , Recognition (must go to places people are familar with so I can post on Facebook to get likes; The Eiffel Tower!) , A Herd Mentality (so & so went to Switzerland, now is my turn) , and Complacency (yeah, Taiwan, Japan, Australia for the 4th time!) , are the Attributes (in no particular order) that form the decision making process of a "Typical Singaporean" planning their next holiday.
Picture from Natas & http://tong.visitkorea.or.kr/
Don't get me wrong, We're NOT claiming to have experienced everthing the world has to offer, (who has?) BUT We're Open to having these experiences.
With that, let's take a look at some of the many experiences Singaporeans are missing out on by insisting on their yearly travel itinerary of Korea, Japan, France & Italy, etc.
The Bucket List Of A Girl & A Bald Traveller
While we have had our share of unbeliveable adventures, the world offers much more which we have yet to experience. Here, we share with you 23 of the most amazing travel experiences we'd like to have over the next 3 years hopefully. Who knows? They might just be on your bucket list too!
1. Relax In The Infinity Pool Of Jade Mountain, St Lucia
Picture from earthtrekkers.com
2. Take A Selfie With Popeye's Village In The Background, Malta
Picture from whenonearth.net
3. Try Shark Cage Diving, South Africa
Picture from www.Sharkzone.za
4. Drive My OWN Car Round The World (And Complete My Flag Collection)
5. Hike to Trolltunga, Norway
Picture from d2mve4pl256l37.cloudfront.ne
Have you read: A Girl's Solo Trip. 10 Days in Kyoto, Osaka & Tokyo @$1.2k Nett! (Including AirTickets)
6. Walk On The Lake Baikal During The Winter (Siberia)
Picture from http://www.lifefoc.com/
7. Swim In The To Sua Ocean Trench, Samoa
Picture from The Huffington Post
8. Sit At The Edge Of Devil's Pool, Victoria Falls
Picture from http://whenonearth.net/
9. Take The Trans Mongolian Express From Beijing To Moscow
Picture from http://www.nomadicexpeditions.com/
10. Try Volcanoboarding In Nicaragua
Picture from autopistaend.files.wordpress.com
Have you read: Singaporeans Abroad - African Adventure Series (1.1) Marrkech, Morocco - Dizzying souks, smelly tanneries, and Jemaa el-Fnaa
11. Ride A Horse Through Patagonia (Chile & Argentina)
Picture from http://forcechangecom.c.presscdn.com/
12. Visit Penguins & Glaciers In Antartica
13. Witness The Serengeti Migration, Tanzania
Picture from http://tanzaniaonfoot.com/
14. Explore The Amazon Rainforest Via Luxury Cruise
Photo by the Huffington Post
Have you read: Singaporeans Travel To Vanuatu, The Fiery Island Paradise of the South Pacific
15. Walk Along The Avenue Of The BaoBabs, Madagascar
Photo from https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
16. Take A Similar Photo Of Myself In Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia
Picture from http://planetden.com/
17. Visit The Abandoned City Of Chernobyl, Ukraine
Picture from http://ukrainetrek.com/
18. Travel Through The Highway Of Death From Kuwait To Basra, Iraq